Why become a member? ×

Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe

Mr Randall

Engage the channel you wish to copy. Adjust the knobs until they stop flashing. That is what is saved. Is it still the channel you want to copy?

Yes- engage the copy location channel and double click to save.

No- engage the copy channel and adjust to taste and double click to save.

It's been ten years since I was in charge of a Deluxe so I cannot guarantee that's the process but give it a go.

If it's a fail I guess you'll have to go to tech21nyc website and upload the manual.

Ok - Tech21 have responded via email. I stand corrected - you can't copy from one channel to another. I was either dreaming or confusing the procedure with something else. Thanks for your help - that is the only way to do it - by manually copying.... 

6 hours ago, Mr Randall said:

Ok - Tech21 have responded via email. I stand corrected - you can't copy from one channel to another. I was either dreaming or confusing the procedure with something else. Thanks for your help - that is the only way to do it - by manually copying.... 

It is quite simple, just not a one click process.

Select model channel.

Adjust all the knobs so nothing is flashing. That shows the knobs are in their preset stored positions.

Select destination channel.

Twiddle each knob up and back to where it was.

Save. Now you should have a solid light and saved same as the model channel.

Click over to the model channel. It should be the identical and twiddles up and back should go back to solid red also.

I think that's it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

It is quite simple, just not a one click process.

Select model channel.

Adjust all the knobs so nothing is flashing. That shows the knobs are in their preset stored positions.

Select destination channel.

Twiddle each knob up and back to where it was.

Save. Now you should have a solid light and saved same as the model channel.

Click over to the model channel. It should be the identical and twiddles up and back should go back to solid red also.

I think that's it.

That's exactly how I've done it. This was for a boost channel and all I wanted was to lift the output level a touch. Worked perfectly.

• Like 1

Just now, Marky L said:

That's exactly how I've done it. This was for a boost channel and all I wanted was to lift the output level a touch. Worked perfectly.

Same same. The 2nd channel was a boost. The third was boost with fx loop preselected. This enabled me to preselect the fx I wanted and either kick in with boost or not.

If I wanted fx at standard level I could still kick them in on channel one and still go boost on channel 3 with one stomp.

IOW clean, clean boost with delicious touch OD, clean with fx, boost with fx, pretty much one click from each other.

The  exception was from failing the double tap to get clean fx and getting Band B instead ( which had fx on 1 to save the day ) Neglecting to disengage B while skipping about over on Band B [which had identical off on fx channel 2 and 3 so no issue toggling back to Band meant no clean regular without a little twin tap dance, which ain't bad really!

Needed an EQ pedal to put in some mids that the BDDI couldn't quite do.

• Like 1