Why become a member? ×

Band Booking Terms

BassAdder60

In all the working bands I’ve been in ( weekend warriors at best ) we have never needed booking conditions until recently 

It’s to make it clear that the band needs a certain setup space with power, access to the venue for unloading / loading, parking and our agreed rate and playing time.

We nearly fell foul of a booking where clearly inside is too small and they were putting us outside virtually in the frontage next to the road !!!

We withdrew our booking and cancelled it. 

We have now created basic booking conditions stating minimum set up space, power, parking and conditions for performing outside. 

We were lucky to find a new venue that is larger and has proper space for bands.

I think venues think bands are like solo / duo acts where you can shove them in the corner near the toilets or next to the dartboard and think it’s a music venue !!

• Like 3

When I was running my old band and chasing gigs I found more and more that the people booking the bands at a venue had no real idea about space / power / load in requirements. I would try to visit every place we got booked for to build a relationship with the booker, view the venue for the above requirements and subtely guide said booker with things like "great, lots of power sockets....we usually need an area of 10'x8' to set up all the gear, drums and musicians...where do you think is best?" They dont always appreciate that the space the duo were using last week (5'x4') is really only big enough for the drum kit (oh and drummer of course 🤣)!

For the bigger gigs where PA was supplied I also found it worth having a very basic rider / stage setup diagram showing the number and position of vocal mics / bass DI / guitar & kick mics / monitors needed. All other drum mics were down to the in house engineers choice.

• Like 1

This is the reason why the classic rock band I`m in could never gig, the drummers kit is pretty much bigger than every pub-sized venues stage area that I`ve played in covers bands. Add to that bass, guitar and keys and we`d take up a fair bit of room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1