Why become a member? ×

greghagger

A while back I found a great version of Deep Purple's tune, 'Lazy' and have been planning to make a lesson on it ever since. This version was recorded live in the studio by Joe Bonamassa and Jimmy Barnes and it's so great! It also features the late Michael Rhodes, a Nashville session bassist who sadly passed away last month.

If you aren't familiar with this or the Deep Purple version of Lazy then check them out. The tune is in a fast shuffle Blues style and has high energy throughout. If you want to learn how a simple 8th note shuffle groove bass line can sound really awesome and also how to develop that with different variations then you'll love this lesson.

I'm using my Overwater custom 5-string bass in the video as it suits this bass line more but you can play along with a 4-string if you prefer. You'll find 5-string and 4-string versions of the bass line in the PDF booklet under the video. 

Find out more in my latest YouTube. 

Enjoy!