Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Highway One Jazz Precision Bass with J-Retro 01 Pre-amp, Badass II £750 ono plus insured postage. - *SOLD*
£750
St. Albans

TobyMunkling

SOLD

Fender USA Highway One Jazz Precision Bass with J-Retro 01 Pre-amp, Badass II bridge.

It was a Jazz, now it's a P/J.

Ok, there's a bit of a story behind this one:  I bought this bass used approx 10 years ago and although the bass was fine, someone had made a really bad job at trying to "relic" it. The original finish was red nitrocellulose. It looked like someone had deliberately scuffed off the paint (in a really artificial way) and maybe repeatedly hit it with a bunch of keys!

So, I removed the remains of the nitrocellulose paint and painstakingly "refinished" the body using some wood dye and Wudtone waxes and finish. It literally took weeks! It's still very irregular and has various pits and scratches, but I think it looks cool, like it's been used and has aged. There is nothing structurally wrong with this guitar. The neck is straight, has a low action and the truss rod works. The back of the neck has a few dings in it. Nothing dreadful. I don't notice them when playing it. You may be able to "heat them out" but I haven't tried, as it doesn't bother me.

I also fitted a John East J-Retro 01 Pre-amp (currently retailing at £187.50) this works brilliantly.

The last modifications are the Bakelite pickguard and a Fender Pure Vintage '62 Precision Bass® Pickup (currently £105.00 from fender) in the neck position. The bridge pickup is the one that came with the bass.

If you wanted to, the pickguard and pickup could be changed back to Jazz Bass, and the extra routing for the P-Bass pickup filled.

I don't have the original Jazz pickguard or pickup any more.

It's hard to put a price on this bass. They seem to be selling for £1000 ish on Reverb, but they'll be in stock condition, but ......no expensive preamp!

I could be open to offers!

Please note this bass is also listed elsewhere.

Postage is £25.00 insured, or you can arrange.

Body: Alder

Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape (Satin Polyurethane Finish)

Machine heads: Standard

John East J-Retro 01 Pre-amp

Fingerboard: Rosewood, (9.5" Radius/241 mm)

No. of frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets

Bridge: Badass II

Hardware: Chrome

Scale length: 34"

Width at nut: 1.500"

Fender Pure Vintage '62 Precision Bass® Pickup (Neck)

Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Jazz Bass Single Coil Pickup (Bridge)

IMG_5520.JPEG

IMG_5522.JPEG

IMG_5523.JPEG

IMG_5524.JPEG

IMG_5525.JPEG

IMG_5526.JPEG

IMG_5527.JPEG

IMG_5520.JPEG

Edited by TobyMunkling
  • Like 10

• TobyMunkling changed the title to Fender USA Highway One Jazz Precision Bass with J-Retro 01 Pre-amp, Badass II £750 ono plus insured postage.
  • TobyMunkling changed the title to Fender USA Highway One Jazz Precision Bass with J-Retro 01 Pre-amp, Badass II £750 ono plus insured postage. *SOLD*