Why become a member? ×

1976 Gibson Ripper

vox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I saw the bassist from Misery Signals play one of these...I thought it uber odd that a metalcore band would play one but then again, just cause of the band he's in doesn't mean he's not into his basses hardcore like...
That said his playing was tasty.

Anyways, unusual bass...not seen many of these around man.

[quote name='Kongo' post='501363' date='May 30 2009, 01:07 AM']I think I saw the bassist from Misery Signals play one of these...I thought it uber odd that a metalcore band would play one but then again, just cause of the band he's in doesn't mean he's not into his basses hardcore like...
That said his playing was tasty.

Anyways, unusual bass...not seen many of these around man.[/quote]

Misery Signals are probably one of my all time favourite bands. MOTMH is such a great record. Not a massive fan of Mirrors or Controller tho.

[quote name='Toasted' post='503519' date='Jun 2 2009, 08:44 AM']Misery Signals are probably one of my all time favourite bands. MOTMH is such a great record. Not a massive fan of Mirrors or Controller tho.[/quote]

I favour Mirrors...Don't like Controller as much though...first off it's WAY too tinny!
Mirrors has a full band sound. :)

I'm pretty sure it WAS them when I saw a Gibson ripper (Natural with maple board)...They supported Architects but I cannot remember the name of the other band...Dead Swans was it?

Going to see the Arusha Accord this Friday...you should check em out if you liked Sikth.

Anyways...Guess this is a bump and parcial advertising on the bass LOL!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...