Why become a member? ×

Fender P-Bass Special Journey

Mr. BassmanPT

I am trying to get hold of one of these limited run frankenstein Fenders for at least 3 or 4 years when they launched basically the same bass but called it Pro (prototype).

Seems Fender is at it again but condition for me is Olympic White as I already have too many sunburst basses around. Do you know any european store that has on of these to sell? Remind you it must be like the one on the link but olympic white, white pickguard with black line contour

https://www.thomann.de/pt/fender_p_bass_special_journey_3ts.htm

I've never seen a white P bass deluxe special. I have one of the Mexican ones from the early 2000s, which is a good instrument. From what I remember, they came in black (which mine is), green, red, sunburst and a natural finish dark wood (could have been okoume) that looked good. They were well reviewed and turn up used from time to time (was not a huge seller, so there aren't large numbers around).

Currently, there is a Player Plus Precision, which is pretty much the same instrument. It's available in Olympic Pearl - so off white - but has a black scratchplate. You could get a plate made. The plate on mine (and I would imagine the Player Plus) is not a standard P plate, so they don't interchange. It's the wrong size, so not just a matter of drilling extra holes for the additional pots. I don't like the gold plate on mine, but have not got around to having one made yet.