Why become a member? ×

Problems with Softube Console software, anyone using it?

Beedster

I've got quite a lot of work coming up and thought I'd make things easier running my Apollo via a Softube Console 1. Long story short I've spent the last four hours trying to get the software to respond, it opens, immediately hangs, and then the only way I can get my computer back is by uninstalling it. I've tried all the options suggested in various forums, e.g., loading, unplugging the hardware, then plugging it back in again, to no avail. This seems to be quite a common issue but I'm yet to find a solution online and it seems Softube support are not fast. Anyone using it and had to work through this? Cheers. Chris

Working, six hours to install, verify, set up, and run a piece of software these days? I'm using UAD and Pro Tools, both I would guess infinitely more complex but both so much quicker to set up and easy/logical to use :(  

• 1 month later...

Hey Chris, sorry to hear you're having issues with the Softube Console software. I haven't used it, but I've heard great things about it from other producers. It's frustrating when software doesn't work as intended, especially when you have a lot of work coming up. Have you tried reHey Chris, sorry to hear you're having issues with the Softube Console software. I haven't used it, but I've heard great things about it from other producers. It's frustrating when software doesn't work as intended, especially when you have a lot of work coming up. Have you tried reaching out to Softube support directly? They can help you troubleshoot the issue more efficiently. I work in the software testing sphere and use grey box vs. white box testing, so I know there can be a lot of reasons for such an issue. I hope you solve your problem soon!aching out to Softube support directly?

Edited by Whomesee

Hi @Whomesee, thanks for the message. I got it working eventually, but 6-hours to get software and hardware made for each other by the same manufacturer is a little frustrating (and I get the impression it might have taken longer had I reached out to Softube support). And you're right, it's good gear, allows me to mix and edit like them old days - I'd long forgotten just how hard work using a mouse can be - and it's been trouble-free since. Now if Softube could get it, and the fader, to talk properly to Pro Tools I'd be very happy, but having said that I'm so impressed by the hardware that I'm considering switching to one of the DAWs that work fully with Softube, there's partial integration with Luna that I'm going to explore soon as I work within the UAD universe so to speak. Cheers. Chris 👍