Why become a member? ×

MIDI triggered Filter in a pedal

BigRedX

I used to have a Peavey Spectrum filter in my rig which was fine when everything I had was rack mounted. However since I replaced all my rack gear with a Line6 Helix Floor, I've had to make do without this function.

One of my bands now has a couple of songs where it would be useful to have something like this again, ideally in a small pedal format that I can run via one of the effects lops of the Helix.

The functions I absolutely need are the following:

1. The filter must either be able to be triggered via a MIDI note on command or the cut off frequency can be mapped to a MIDI CC and has a suitably fast response so that I can use CC commands to simulate an envelope generator.

2. A full complement of programmable user memories - ideally 128, although I'll settle for less (but not just one or two). If not then I need to be able to access every parameter using MIDI CCs.

3. Proper MIDI sockets. I'll need to daisy chain this from the MIDI out/thru of the Helix so no MIDI via USB only.

I think that's it for now.

Edited by BigRedX