Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass PreAmp

BassAdder60

Recently looked at basic pre amp pedals to run in front of my CTM100 to give me more EQ choices.

Tried the Ampeg Classic Preamp pedal which is low cost and sounded nice but very noisy so back it went 

Next in is the MXR Bass PreAmp and although you can buy it’s big brother with drive ( which I don’t need ) I went for the simpler model yet it still has a DI out if needed 

The pedal is super quiet with very well thought out EQ points for Bass Mids and Treble. Mids have a sweepable frequency control too. Input and output controls for totally clean EQ 

Very nice sounding and does the job very well 

I like it 👍8618350C-87B0-4956-BA22-74F8244C4588.thumb.jpeg.574749b8224e54446760f9f640e6f024.jpeg

• Like 4

This was my first ever pedal, apart from a tuner! It's a great d.i.

I wish the treble knob was a little more useful, though? 

Have just got a spark, too, from a guitarist friend. I think that is a great sounding overdrive. Really couldn't believe how natural and warm it sounded, let alone for something so cheap! 

• Like 1

Post gig update 

Yep it works very well 

I’ve got better EQ control over my CTM100 head plus a little push into the amps input for more valve goodness. Added the MojoMojo and I have all pedals ON and back off my bass volume slightly so I can increase at will depending on song 7D55E6CD-58B9-4003-A8BE-4451CE50D048.thumb.jpeg.49bee992f406e34401ee508bb9be79c5.jpeg

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 1