Why become a member? ×

First Adventure Into Biamping

allighatt0r

So, Saturday afternoon, i'm wondering what to do now i have two combo amps (one 210, one 115). I considered using a female to female jack connector to extend the 210 to the 115, but was a bit sceptical about how much the connections might sap the cignal and such.

So i put my head together with a local guitar guru i know, who suggested running both combos, with the second one plugged into the D.I. out of the first one, and he also has the idea to put chorus on the 210. So I would use the 210 for mids and higher, and the 115 for mids and lower frequencies. I had a bit of a dry run at the guitards house before the gig on saturday and it was sounding good!

Set it up at the gig, turned it up and stood back.... it sounds brilliant! the chorus adds just the right amount of colour and i have ALOT of control over my sound now.

The final signal line went:

Bass > SWR Black Beauty > 115 speaker and DI out > Cool Cat Chorus Pedal > Ashdown MAG 300 combo > 210 speaker

I must say i was pretty impressed.

Edited by allighatt0r