Why become a member? ×

2023 GAS Abstinence (Failure ?)

kodiakblair

60 days, I was doing so well 😄

Aria Pro Mosrite thing sat in the BIN basket for a week. The thoughts were many, "under £400", "could do Klarna", "could I build one for that ?"

Another 'must-have', weird but cool Italia with 4 lipstick pickups parallel to strings. Fantastic look, bet it plays like a dream and sounds as good as it looks only x 2.

The many pros were quashed by a single con: I'll never play the bloody things !!

With loins girded by "I'll never play ...." , the rest of 2023 was secure; until yesterday 😐

Yesterday the Heavens conspired against me.

Off work and bored  Bored leads to web surfing Web surfing to Gumtree Gumtree opens with preferrences intact  Top of the pile is Telecaster bass 3 miles away

Ad has been up 1 hour  Seller on the ball, calls me within 2 minutes  Yes, he still has the bass and £60 is the asking price He will deliver  

I never stood a chance 🤬

1322254339_ShineTBass(2).thumb.jpg.41e029a6bf15c8cc0733a55d0c98a9e2.jpg1640023816_ShineTBass(1).thumb.jpg.efb31fb9d9e9591e7126e7fa0176cb5a.jpg

• Like 3

£60 delivered?! 

Surely you've got to have a threshold before an acquisition limit applies? £60 is like two rounds at the pub and you can't put limits on those. So this is just a free bass that you've kindly saved from who knows what miserable end! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1