Why become a member? ×

NCD; Darkglass content.

NancyJohnson

The last couple of years, bit of transition; gone are the racks and 4x10s; I've moved over to Darkglass 100%.  Harboured a desire to run a pair of 1x12s for some time, even going so far as to buying a pair of Aguilar's (and then selling them); bought a DG112 about 18 months ago and landed a second one about 90 minutes ago.

Originally, I'd had little intention of using the AO900 head for anything other than to utilise the effects return, but having spent about 45 minutes twiddling I've achieved a reasonably aggressive Geddy-esque tone with a passive bass, so perhaps it's time to travel lighter and leave the Sansamps at home.  I'll try the active basses tomorrow.

20230219_163438.thumb.jpg.bae209ac5b5ec26fce9419776adc16e0.jpg

• Like 11

I have the e500 and just keep it as a little practice amp. I like it , it’s fun to spin the knobs and create presets. I enjoy it so much I decided to buy a Darkglass hoodie.
It seems everybody got there before me , they’ve been sold out, there’s no sign of any more on the way. I’ve been checking their site for some months now.

I live in Eastern Canada, and we have winter. Darkglass stated their hoodies were warm , quality hoodies , and being based in Finland I figure they understand winter pretty good.

… so I’m a bit whizzed with them.

1 hour ago, BassmanPaul said:

Nancy, your Precision is looking a little worse for wear! Similar to my '63 Precision. :D

It's an old Aria...a 1978.  Got it in a Gumtree job lot, £50.  It needed new everything aside from the Schaller machine heads.

I adore it.  It's really battered and gnarly.  I vowed to put a new ding in it every time it left the house.  I'll continue this tradition on Sunday!

• Like 1

I got mine in Frank Hessy's store in Liverpool in 1968. I walked in and saw my stolen Gibson EB0F hanging on a wall. I was so gobsmacked seeing it that I barely noticed one of my best friends  trying out a Precision. A few months later on  I bought the bass from him for 50 quid. (I'm not sure how to get the pound symbol on my Mac)  A few months later on June 06 I was playing a gig with it when I met the girl who became my wife. She still is! LOL And I still own the Precision too!

Edited by BassmanPaul