Why become a member? ×

greghagger

Stupidly, when I decided to make a lesson this week on the Badge bass line, I thought it might be a quick and simple lesson. But of course, Jack Bruce is involved which means there will be some tasty fills and licks and the bass line will be anything but simple!

Again, I'll admit that I always used to play a much simpler version of this bass line when I played it live. I learnt the main riff and played that along with the odd variation thrown in for good measure!

The opening riff is pretty simple but later on in the bass line there are some pretty fast runs. I've spent some time this week getting the exact Jack Bruce bass line down on paper and I've also drawn up a simplified version so this lesson is very approachable whatever level you are at.

This is a real Cream classic and the band are on form throughout. It's another hit from the 'British Blues Explosion' era which I'll look at in more detail in the GBS British Blues Week.

Find out more in my latest YouTube lesson. Free transcription under the video. 

https://youtu.be/9aHjw-BgJLg