Why become a member? ×

Zoom B6 users - question ?

hamfist

Thanks guys. I have now bought one and am very happy with it. It’s not as flexible as the hx stomp I used to use but the sound quality of what it does is better imo. I think it is also more flexible in terms of overdrive sounds. All the hx stomp’s drives tended to have a similar tonality to my ears.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've just picked up a Zoom B6 and really happy with the sound, but one thing is niggling me.

I don't have an iPhone/iPad so can't use the remote (and IU've not heard great things about it anyway).

I'm trying to switch between banks without having to bend down to fiddle with the touchscreen, or do some fiddly tapping of the menu buttons.

I can load 4 patches into a bank and toggle between these four via the 4x main footswitches. But sometimes I want to switch quickly to a different 4x patches within another bank, while I'm playing.

Is there any way to do this with an additional external footswitch? There's an input for expression pedal, but this would need some kind of latching switch, I would think?

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

Apologies if I misunderstood the question. But I think this can be done without extra switches.

Screenshot_2023-03-30-09-27-34-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.c2ce357fca22f680e4c31963fea5e5dd.jpg

Footswitch 1 in the above illustration changes the function of the four bottom switches. When set to effect board they turn individual effects on and off within a patch. Press number 1 until bank/patch is lit and the left two of the bottom row of switches change the bank, the right two change patch.

Hi @stewblack- thanks so much for the reply.

Sorry, I'm not describing my issue particularly well! 

You're right, I can navigate through banks and patches that way.

I'm actually using the 'Memory' function from within the main nav, toggled to via Footswitch 1.

This lets me load a bank of four patches in, with each patch triggered via the bottom footswitches.

Sometimes, a song may call for more than 4 patches. In which case, I'd need to either use the touchscreen to scroll to the next bank within the memory (I don't really want to bend down mid-song), or use Footswitch 1 to tap three times to get to 'Bank/patch', go up/down a bank via one of the bottom footswitches, then tap Footswitch 1 once more to reach the 'Memory' position to expose the four patches on the bottom footswitches.

If I could have an external footswitch to navigate up/down banks while retaining access to all 4 patches within a bank via the bottom 4 footswitches, that would be ideal.

But I'm not sure this is possible. Just wondering if there's any workaround for this at all that doesn't involved the iPad app.

Thanks again.