Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A - *SOLD*
£185
Lancaster

ash

Westone Thunder 1A bass MIJ Matsumoku made.

I listed this last week but withdrew it as I decided to get the pickup sorted out before I moved it on. I subsequently got it rewound by Armstrong Pickups and now it sounds as good as new. It has a surprisingly versatile 18v preamp and has lots of useable and punchy tones. It’s a real workhorse of a bass and built like a tank, all original with the exception of a replacement control knob. All switches and pots work properly and the action is nice and low. I’m moving house so selling on a few of my basses. This is a later model Thunder bass and was made around 1988 it’s a nice red colour and has a few dings and scratches. The trussrod works and the frets are good. It weighs around 3.9kgs. No trades sorry. UK only and pickup preferred. I can send it but would need to source a box or remove the neck to post it.

A great value classic bass. 

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 11

One of these in exactly this colour was my first new bass in 1987. Just short of £200 from a shop on Smallbrook Queensway in Birmingham (forget the name) - a quarter of that term’s grant. Still got it, 35+ years later. Wonderful instrument, certainly compared to most of its contemporary rivals.

GLWTS

Edited by fergs40
Correct spelling
  • Like 1

• ash changed the title to Westone Thunder 1A sold elsewhere