Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender/Shuker Bitsa Jazz Bass (make me an offer!) - *SOLD*
£750
Cambridge

PMAC

Happy to consider cash offers! I've decided that I'm not interested in trading as I have something in particular in my sights, thanks.

A bit of an unusual one! I bought this bass made from high quality parts from the Bass Gallery for just shy of £800 (in old money 😆) last year: https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/shaker-neck-jazz-bass-body

EDIT: Full specs according to the original owner, @77Bass. Thanks Craig!

- Shuker Custom Neck - 33” scale, rock maple, satin finish (slightly worn), 2mm side dots, carbon fibre reinforcement, two way truss rod, spalt rosewood fingerboard, flat radius, slight asymmetric carve, medium, Stainless Steel Frets

- 38.5mm Graphite Nut

- Hipshot D-Tuner

- Fender Jazz Body

- 2 x Di Marzio DP 149 Ultra Jazz Pickups (hum-cancelling)

- Pickups Mounted In Adjustable Rosewood Ramp (flat radius/profile to match the fingerboard)

- Babicz FCH Bridge

- Weight: I don't have a scale unfortunately. It feels like an average jazz, I'd say on the lighter side of average. Definitely not a heavy bass. 

- Overall condition: obviously relic'ed, but this is only cosmetic. No structural issues, everything is solid. The bass stays in tune well by experience.

Collection in Cambridge preferred. I'm also in North London fairly often. Shipping is possible but there is no case with this bass. 

Thanks!

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

Edited by PMAC
  • Like 5

Hi,

This is my old bass and I had the custom neck made. I’ll post the specs below:

Shuker Custom Neck - 33” scale, rock maple, satin finish (slightly worn), 2mm side dots, carbon fibre reinforcement, two way truss rod, spalt rosewood fingerboard, flat radius, slight asymmetric carve, medium, Stainless Steel Frets

38.5mm Graphite Nut

Hipshot D-Tuner

Fender Jazz Body

2 x Di Marzio DP 149 Ultra Jazz Pickups (hum-cancelling)

Pickups Mounted In Adjustable Rosewood Ramp (flat radius/profile to match the fingerboard)

Babicz FCH Bridge

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Craig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Craig! So good to have you reply, the Gallery didn't know much about the bass when I bought it so it was a bit of investigating to figure out the details. To be honest I didn't realise it was a 33" neck, I never did measure it! Were you the one who did the work to the body?

You’re so welcome! I’m really sorry that they said that they never knew much about it, I sent all of the above specs over to them.

Yeah, I did more relicing but the body was quite worn from years of heavy gigging and touring (I used that bass touring with Clean Cut Kid in 2017), so I decided to relic it a little bit more!

• Like 1

• PMAC changed the title to FS: Fender/Shuker Bitsa Jazz Bass SOLD
  • Woodinblack unlocked this topic