Why become a member? ×

Neck for a G&L M2000 Tribute?

FatDrunkStupid

Several years ago I bought a bunch of bits and pieces from the old G&L UK importers (it was kind of a fire sale as far as I could tell). I recently discovered a tatty old gigbag containing a bass that I'd forgotten was part of the deal (it was behind a pile of unused flooring in the spare bedroom). It's a mildy used ("ex demo", from memory) M2000 Tribute in black with a lovely ivory binding on the body. Unfortunately, someone (not me!) has attempted to graft a battered old L2000 neck onto the M2000 body and apart from the next being generally butchered, the truss rod is broken. I love the look of the bass and I'm thinking about either looking for a M2000 neck (which seem to be EXTREMELY rare) and G&L themselves won't sell replacement necks, having a neck made or just chucking it on the Bay of the E.

I don't have the tools nor ability to build a neck myself so can anyone recommend a luthier in the Scarborough/York/Hull area who might be able to make a neck which won't cost more than the bass sold for new? I know that's a big ask, bordering on "choosing beggar" territory so is it worth selling either as-is or body, electronics and hardware only?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Edited by FatDrunkStupid