Why become a member? ×

'Oh Well' by Fleetwood Mac is such a classic British Blues tune from the Peter Green era. But, if you've played it before then you’ll know that the unison lick at the end of each chorus can cause problems! I must admit to struggling with this when I use to play it with my Blues band back in the early 90's.

On the original recording it’s sometimes hard to hear the bass clearly and the lick actually changes from chorus to chorus.

It's a good idea to work this lick out with the guitarist beforehand if you are going to play ‘Oh Well’ at a gig because quite frankly it sounds rubbish if you are both playing different things!

This week I finally sat down and transcribed the whole bass line note for note, including the licks and discovered some interesting new lines from John McVie.

I’ve made a lesson on the bass line and you can get the free transcription in standard notation or Tab under the video. 

Enjoy this classic. It certainly gets the fingers moving! 

https://youtu.be/QZaNtLPz3_w