Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe Vantage Bass £195 pending - *SOLD*
£250
Lancaster

ash

Retrovibe Vantage Bass

This was the pre Chowney Retrovibe series I believe with the serial number written in pen on the headstock. The bass looks like the offspring of a meeting between two very different well known US made basses. The design actually works very well and the bass has a great sound and feel. I’m not sure if it’s of Korean or Indian manufacture as there are different threads out there about them however the opinions are very positive. 

The bass is certainly of decent enough quality and plays well. The passive MM style pickups are loud with a good array of tones. The knobs are not original and if you look carefully they all have ‘treble’ lettering as opposed to two treble and two bass. I will include the original Jazz bass style knobs if you prefer. The bass is lightweight at under 4kgs and balances well on a strap. There is a chamfer on the upper part of the body making it comfy to play despite the binding. I’m selling it as I decided I need to get another 4003s bass. I had fallen out with them (again) but this has whetted my appetite for one. 

The bass has minor cosmetic bumps and scratches to its body. There is a paint crack near the neck joint see pic but this is cosmetic and doesn’t effect the very solid neck to body joint.

There was a QC issue in that the pole pieces didn’t line up well with the strings so I moved the pickup by filing the scratchplate down. The neck route was pretty rough but now I’ve moved the pickup a couple of millimetres to the left it means the pole pieces on the neck pickup line up better. 

There is no case but I have a decent box so can post in the UK only at buyer’s cost.

It’s strung with flats. 

An interesting take on some classic designs. 

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 10

• ash changed the title to Retrovibe Vantage Bass £195
  • ash changed the title to Retrovibe Vantage Bass sold