Which new fiver? Cort vs MTD vs Yamaha

ReeV0

Which would you choose?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Cort Modern 5
    • MTD KZ5
    • Yamaha TRBX505

For a good B string, I've always thought that it's more about the strings and the setup than the bass including neck construction. Others may disagree.

Personally, I would go with the last expensive, especially if I wasn't trying out all 3 in person. Given that you've said that it was comfy to play(you don't know for sure if the others are, at this point), then you may have a winner.

Edited by TheLowDown

Corts are beautiful instruments, but I always found them super meh in terms of sound. Very uninspiring and boring.

Have you look at Sire? They are beautiful crafted, in your price range, and to me they sound great. The M7 would definitely my go to bass if I were in the market for a 5 string.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/sire-version-2-updated-marcus-miller-m7-alder-5-string-transparent-blue?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQiAlKmeBhCkARIsAHy7WVuKGjFVydsEb3zQ2kJ-0aYp1M4pfjKJJZpFiUqVXtasDErBWEmNWHcaAnhZEALw_wcB