Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Four10 1000w lightweight 4x10 cab 8 ohms and Roqsolid case - pending - *SOLD*
£800
Leeds

omikin

Here is an opportunity to get your hands on the third ever Barefaced Four10 made (Serial Number RF003) - the first two are owned by Jah Wobble.

I have reluctantly come to accept that this is way more power than I need for rehearsals, and I tend to use the house combo when we play gigs, so I am freeing up some space in the spare room and letting this one go.

This has always been kept in the house, and the tolex is in mint condition. It sounds incredible as you can imagine, and I have loved playing it paired with my 1976 Fender Bassman. Half the weight of a standard old school 4x10, and a slightly smaller package make this a very practical cab which is okay for rehearsal and will hold its own on the biggest stages.

I'm based in Leeds but travel to Cheshire once a week, so can arrange to meet anywhere along M62 corridor within reason.

Here's the details from Barefaced:

So small for a 4x10” but so loud and produces so much bottom end if you want it.

Barefaced Line Array for amazing dispersion and Hybrid Resonator for tight controlled lows but thick deep bass weight. 10CR drivers as ever have warm fat punch that growls when pushed hard and roars at max loudness.
Need more output? Use two FOUR10s to blow Marshall stacks off the stage, add a TWO10S for a modular SIX10, or two TWO10S cabs for a modular EIGHT10.

Features
Four 10CR extended-range drivers
Hybrid Resonator enclosure
Barefaced Line Array crossover
Dual resonator outlets on base
Dual side bar/dish steel handles
Rubber feet on base
Nickel-plated 2/3-sided steel corners
Dual parallel combi speakon + 1/4” sockets
Heavy duty black tolex
Powder-coated black steel grill
Optional high strength silver cloth grill

Specifications

Dimensions
(H W D)    61cm 61cm 33cm
24" 24" 13"
Weight    
Cloth    22.5kg / 49lbs
Broadband sensitivity    101dB
Max power    1000W RMS
Max Output    ~131dB
Frequency Range    30Hz - 6kHz
Impedance    8 ohms

How does this compare tonally to classic 4x10"s?
Compared to a Trace 1048 it's fatter and warmer sounding with less honk. Compared to an SWR Goliath it's tighter but deeper in the lows with more midrange weight. Compared to an Ampeg 410HE it's bigger in the lows and more transparent through the mids. Compared to an Ampeg 410HLF it's tighter in the lows and stronger in the mids. Compared to these cabs with their tweeters turned right down the Four10 has more treble clarity around the room, whilst with the horns all the way up the Four10 sounds more mellow but more consistent, without that sonic gap betwen woofer and tweeter in the low treble region.

download (4).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

download (5).jpg

download (6).jpg

Edited by omikin
  • Like 6

• omikin changed the title to SOLD Barefaced Four10 1000w lightweight 4x10 cab 8 ohms and Roqsolid case