Why become a member? ×

Hello y'all

northcountrybob

Heya, 

Been reading up about a bunch of stuff on here and thought I'd stop lurking so much. I'm Bob. Played guitar for 20 something years, been playing bass in a band for the last couple. I've been around a bunch of guitar gear but not so much bass stuff, so I've been coming here doing research on amps and cabs mainly. I run and AD200B and OBC410. I have a Stingray classic which is great. Turbo Tuner, Fairfield Compressor, Boss CE-2B bass chorus, ODB-3 overdrive and Origin Bass Rig Super Vintage. 

Recently I've been looking into alternative amps and cabs. I dig the Ampeg V4B reissue but I don't think it's made as well as the AD200. I've also just discovered the Fender neo cabs (not so much into the heads they offer) so now I want to try the 6x10 or a 4x10 + 1x15 setup. Any opinions on that would be great!

unnamed.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jon the Turk said:

Hiya Bob, I'm perhaps too new here myself to welcome you, but hello anyway. When you say North country are you talking Hebden Bridge, or Anchorage?

Closer to Southport / Preston... so not THAT far North but I live in London. When I first moved darn sarf I was known as 'Northern' for bit. Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, northcountrybob said:

Closer to Southport / Preston... so not THAT far North but I live in London. When I first moved darn sarf I was known as 'Northern' for bit. Thanks for the welcome!

Ha! OK, that's funny, I've gone the other way - from Basildon to Liverpool. And I don't regret it for a moment. I actually fancy Alaska too at some stage, though maybe just to visit.