Why become a member? ×

Warwick BC10 (very small combos)

Che

Ordered this Warwick BC10 which should arrive next week. Wonder what you folks have to say about it. Did any of you use it and if you think it’s a good choice for a low volume practice? 

I did look at the Hartke HD15, Rumble 15 and Ampeg RB108 but opted for Warwick as it seems noise free and is small. 

As I’m dad at home I need it to be small to move it fast if my youngest son is misbehaving :D 

Please do tell anything you know about this Warwick amp and also if you think I could have chosen a better amp within the similar price range. (Must be small). 

Edited by Che

I don't know anything about the combo but I watched the demo video. It sounded great I must admit. My Streamer is the best sounding bass I own so I have a fondness for Warwick equipment. :)

It's currently strung B E A D.

That said I get a smile a mile wide when I play through my practice amp an Ampeg B15NF. :D

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1

Ah your amp is an Ampeg from another universe entirely :D Has nothing to do with those Ampeg Rocket combos! 

Im my case it just has to sound really good on low volume. It will be on the table facing me. Rich deep tone with nice note separation is my desire. A bit of limiting is a plus. 

Looking forward to receiving this Warwick amp testing it. Im

no bass player but will give my opinion once I plug into it. 

• Like 1

Very surprised by this tiny combo I am! The more I crank it the better it sounds! So not my experience with SS amps. 

Very rich low end when fully cranked amp volume. And the tone is pleasant to the ears which is great. 

I tried my Behringer BDI-21 pedal for extra drive but was not pleased with it. Then tried the TC Zeus (Klon) with Fat switch engaged and the smile was on me face :D :D :D Noice! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Che said:

Very surprised by this tiny combo I am! The more I crank it the better it sounds! So not my experience with SS amps. 

Very rich low end when fully cranked amp volume. And the tone is pleasant to the ears which is great. 

I tried my Behringer BDI-21 pedal for extra drive but was not pleased with it. Then tried the TC Zeus (Klon) with Fat switch engaged and the smile was on me face :D :D :D Noice! 

Jonas Hellborg was involved in designing the wider range of these amps, and by all accounts even these little cheapies have a preamp and power stage with his finger prints on it. That explains the amount of clean, pure power, despite its size!

• Thanks 1