Why become a member? ×

anyone want to swap fender precision necks? or split a p bass?

lidl e

i'm dying for a reverse headstock P bass, but i can't seem to be able to source a quality lefty neck.

Any of my southpaw brethren GASing for the same thing? Let's work out a swap!

Obviously it would be easier for you all to get right handed necks, but if anyone has a lefty and looking for a cool change.....

Edited by lidl e

• lidl e changed the title to anyone want to swap fender precision necks? or split a p bass?
  • 3 weeks later...

if anyone is interested, after a few weeks of contacting every parts vendor i could find trying to find the perfect neck for this project, i finally did a special order for one of these

https://richtonemusic.co.uk/Fender-Player-Series-Precision-Bass-Left-Handed-Neck-20-Med-Jumbo-Frets-Maple/ 

i didn't order from richtone, but that is by far the best price you will find on this neck anywhere on earth. i've checked everywhere. i got thomann to do a very close price match, but even they wouldn't go that low. but i would have had to pay import fees from the UK

you lefties have it rough.

now i need to find left handed tuners. i believe the schaller BMF are reversible so i will likely end up getting those, although i would prefer fender ones. 

do you think these are reversible like the schallers are? they look like they should be.

https://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_70s_style_bass_machine_head.htm 

1 minute ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Man, i thought ive looked everywhere. Interesting! And a good price. I do love gotoh. 

Cheers, bud.