Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Hyper Luminal Hybrid Compressor- revised price £190 - *SOLD*
£200
Morecambe

lee650

After trying most of the Top Tier Compressors,I've decided my favourite is old school Optical and as I use a comp purely as a tone enhancement tool, I've my eye on something 😁

As a consequence I'm moving on my truly fantastic Hyper Luminal.

It's a hybrid design so while it's Analog it has a rather nifty Digital modeler in the sidechain. It contains models of three very different and great sounding classic compressors.

Selects between three different models:

BUS: Modeled after the Solid State Logic Bus compressor, its a very smooth and clean/Transparent sound, fantastic if you really want to hear your instruments tone.

FET: Inspired by the legendary Urei 1176, I love this model, fairly close to the mighty Cali76 and has an energy and brightness, adds little colour to liven up a dull bass. ( this has an "all in" setting which is amazing, put an octave and chorus with it and instant "Sledgehammer" or perfect for "Come Together")

SYM:  modeled on Darkglass own Super Symmetry, it has a warm and Dark vintage vibe, great with a P bass

It has a very full feature set of controls including a combined Attack/release Time control, compression adjusts the Threshold, and the usual make up Gain which has a lot of Boost. It also features a mix for "Parallel" compression by adding in your clean tone and a push button Ratio control with the most useful presets for each model. Also has a very cool row of blue LEDS giving full representation of the compression being applied.

Under the hood is the Darkglass suite,  which can be plugged in to a PC to adjust the digital sidechain to your taste incl a variable High pass Filter (every comp should have one) so it doesn't overly squash your lows.

I may be talking myself out of this 🤣 

It is in as new condition and fully boxed with case candy, a bit of velcro, which ill remove if the buyer wants and comes with a USB cable.

SOLD

20230104_185147.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 2

• lee650 changed the title to Darkglass Hyper Luminal Hybrid Compressor- SOLD