Why become a member? ×

Another one from Liverpool

Jon the Boat

Hi All, I've just joined the forum recently and already a few people have said hello to me, which is very nice. I'm a new bass player in an old body, apparently I am not unique in that. I see there's a few in Liverpool too - I don't know whether that means I'll have more competition for resources, or more inspiration, or maybe both. I am away from home working offshore at the moment, so I don't have my own short scale bass to practice on, instead I have a full scale bass, but more than this, I am in a band with fellow musicians! This makes everything possible. Our band put on a Christmas and New Year concert for the other guys on board, which, whilst being nowhere near technically perfect, was certainly full of passion for the performance. I was a drummer in a band 32 years ago and I had forgotten the buzz of playing together and performing, I didn't realise I had missed it so much as I didn't know it was an option for me anymore. Well, it is now!! I'm learning Pannonica to play along with a friend at home who is a jazz pianist - he gave me homework to do - my work here in the Black Sea may finish soon so I will lose this band, but I am looking forward to a new phase at home in Liverpool.