Why become a member? ×

Just ‘discovered’ the Roland XV-5080….OMG!!!!!

dave_bass5

Ok, i expect this is old news to some, but i was just going through the Legend section in Roland Cloud and clicked on this one. 

I had a JV1080 decades ago but cant remember much about it. Im not sure if i ever even looked at the XV-5080 back then, i know it would have been waaaay out of my price range. 

But here we are, almost every Roland sound id ever want is in it, plus sounds id never thought i would hear again. I appreciate it’s a digital simulation and probably not an exact replica, but as i have nothing to compare it too it sounds fantastic and will be more than up to the job. 

Just spent the past hour playing every song in our set list with just the one preset, and im blown away. Obviously i need to use more, but for Piano’s and strings, this thing is the nuts. 

I now need to sit down and really get to grips with MainStage and get my controller programmed. It looks like the MODX (which i really love) is now on its way out. I plan on getting a 73 or 76 key controller to use with MainStage, but for now the 61 key is fine. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Congrats on your ‘discovery’ I too love Roland stuff and have one of their stage pianos in my lounge. The stock sounds are great but accessing some of the library of sounds really had a similar effect on me that it’s had with you. Although to be fair I normally just stick to the stock sounds as I’m too lazy to press the extra buttons. 
piano is my safe place when my ears are tired of playing bass to my backing tracks. 
Have fun with the sounds, there are some nice 88 key controllers too should you want to consider that.