Why become a member? ×

Humbucker problem.

nilorius

Hi BC! I have my #3 bass witch i play only for fun at home. Italian hand made D'alessandro (looks like 5 string Fodera emperor II). Electronics 2x crown battery, volume(can be switched to active, passive). treble, mid/freq, bass, 2 pickups blend - neck single coil Bartolini, bridge humbucker Bartolini, knob for humbucker, tone for passive mode. The problem is that when i play it for 1 minute, the sound slowly turns of, after 20 secunds - turn slowly back and all the time. I checked the batteries, seemed ok, but didn't change. Sorry for now pictures, because i am at work and can't acces the bass. After 5 hours will put them in, but i don't think it's preamp problem anyway. The pickups are constructed the way you can't see what's inside them - just black boxes. Please help!

4 minutes ago, nilorius said:

...Please help!

Has this always happened, or is it a new problem..? If, so, what has changed since it last worked well..? With any active bass or guitar, in case of problems, the very first thing to do is to change the batteries for new ones. It might help, or it might not, but it at least eliminates any doubt, and gives a firm basis for further investigation, if needed. Nine times out of ten, it cures the problem, though, so do that first, I'd say. :friends:

• Like 2