Why become a member? ×

Hi from Liverpool.

Brian Elmer

On 15/12/2022 at 05:44, Ralf1e said:

I like them very much. My first was an Ibanez 5 string, then a 4 string Ormsby, A Sheckter studio 5 and a 5 string headless made by Steven Hart.

I still have them all and for me the transition between fan fretted and conventional has never been a problem although I am not a very complex player. My favourite is the Hart one as its fits me so well and is very well balanced so that it just sits at the right angle. It was the least expensive as well as he had it in stock and wanted to shift it. I think he built if for someone who let him down over the deal. Their loss my gain.

Hi Ralf1e. Sorry, only just spotted your reply. Haven't heard of Steven Hart basses. Will have to check them out. I managed to get to Bass Direct a few weeks back and played an NG3 4 string and a Combustion 5'er, which was what they had in stock. I was really surprised at how well they both played. I was a bit unsure about a "Chinese made" Bass, but they both played brilliantly, and the string gauge 45-128, although similar to my Fenders (45-125), felt so much more plyable AND Playable, probably down to the Multi-Scale aspect, and maybe the fret size too. Got severe GAS at that point, and told my daughters we were walking back to Liverpool as I was trading the car for a Bass. 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Elmer said:

Hi Ralf1e. Sorry, only just spotted your reply. Haven't heard of Steven Hart basses. Will have to check them out. I managed to get to Bass Direct a few weeks back and played an NG3 4 string and a Combustion 5'er, which was what they had in stock. I was really surprised at how well they both played. I was a bit unsure about a "Chinese made" Bass, but they both played brilliantly, and the string gauge 45-128, although similar to my Fenders (45-125), felt so much more plyable AND Playable, probably down to the Multi-Scale aspect, and maybe the fret size too. Got severe GAS at that point, and told my daughters we were walking back to Liverpool as I was trading the car for a Bass. 😄

You can see Steven Hart guitars here

https://m.facebook.com/HartGuitars?eav=AfaVONJXAU9VpnfOqD0wQr3LZBWrXDUrBunKM1BrOjc2QCziYzJ59TP8A3qKkcUsMXs&paipv=0&_rdr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...