Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR1306-NTF Six String Bass - Upgraded with Bartolini USA pickups and TI Flats (and a set of rounds included) - *SOLD*
£925
Epsom

nazzer

I'm selling my Ibanez SR1306 to go live in a new home that will love her and care for her. My fantasies of being a solo six string bass player have just not materialised and this beauty is feeling a bit neglected. This is the 2018-2019 version before they went to the SR1346, and personally I prefer the aesthetics of this one.

The specs:

Body: African mahogany with Ash top wings and Walnut centre piece

Neck: 5 piece Panga panga with Purpleheart

Fretboard: Panga panga (with binding and a really lovely grain, see pics)

34" scale

The previous owner updated it with Bartolini PC46BCB pups, which gives it a super smooth lovely jazz tone especially when compared to the stock Nordstrands that these basses come with (sorry I don't have the original pickups).

I very recently strung it with TI flat wounds which give it an even silkier tone, but if that is not your thing I have a barely used set of DR Sunbeams that I will also include in the sale.

It has the standard Ibanez preamp (3 band eq, three position mid frequency selector, active/passive toggle with the treble knob acting as a tone control when in passive).

There are a couple of very minor dings from the previous owner along the lower edge (see the pics), but as usual this does not affect the playability and cannot be seen when you are playing, if that is a concern. 

Weighs around 9.6lbs which is pretty light for a six string bass.

A non-Ibanez soft case is included.

I can ship this if needed, which will be an additional £25 or so (I'll need to confirm). Otherwise, if you are in the Epsom area you can come and check it out.

IMG_3892.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3899.jpeg

IMG_3897.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3900.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

IMG_3898.jpeg

IMG_3896.jpeg

IMG_3904.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

Edited by nazzer
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, andydye said:

this is beautiful!

It is a looker. And it plays like a dream and sounds fantastic to boot. The TI flats are awesome on this bass. I'll probably try them out on one of my others too. It's a hard one to let go of, but it deserves playing, not hanging on my wall. 

Edited by nazzer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • nazzer changed the title to Ibanez SR1306-NTF Six String Bass - Upgraded with Bartolini USA pickups and TI Flats (and a set of rounds included) *sold*