Why become a member? ×

Floorstanding hi-fi speakers (pair)

Pair of Eltax Liberty 5+ floorstanding hi fi speakers for sale.

Rated at 100 watts RMS each (or 150 watts music power),4 to 8 ohms,freq response 40 to 22000hz.
Bi-wiring capability (4 spkr posts per cab), rear ported, panel for optional sand damping ( though never used this! ).
They sound great - have'nt been driven hard (as I live in a terraced house!)

Only selling due to downsizing my system.

Both speakers are absolutely immaculate and indistinguishable from new.

When I bought these 3 years ago they were on offer at Richer Sounds for £120, think the retail was around £200 then.

Am looking to replace them with a pair of speakers that are a max height of 40 cms/16" (to fit in my bookshelf) so any swaps out there?
Or will sell for £50 - bargain!

[quote name='casapete' post='468627' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:08 PM']Pair of Eltax Liberty 5+ floorstanding hi fi speakers for sale.

Rated at 100 watts RMS each (or 150 watts music power),4 to 8 ohms,freq response 40 to 22000hz.
Bi-wiring capability (4 spkr posts per cab), rear ported, panel for optional sand damping ( though never used this! ).
They sound great - have'nt been driven hard (as I live in a terraced house!)

Only selling due to downsizing my system.

Both speakers are absolutely immaculate and indistinguishable from new.

When I bought these 3 years ago they were on offer at Richer Sounds for £120, think the retail was around £200 then.

Am looking to replace them with a pair of speakers that are a max height of 40 cms/16" (to fit in my bookshelf) so any swaps out there?
Or will sell for £50 - bargain![/quote]
I have a pair of these in the cellar and they are great, if they where teak I would defo have them, to match.
Bi-wire them and bang a beefy amp through em, they're brill.

[quote name='overwater#1' post='468943' date='Apr 21 2009, 07:20 PM']How much do you reckon postage might be, if that's an option? You don't fancy a trade for a Marshall practice combo at all?
Matt :)[/quote]

Looking to resolving the hi-fi thing really thanks. (However still looking for around a 30" short scale bass!)

As they're quite bulky/hefty too I don't think postage is an option either.

Cheers
Pete.

[quote name='casapete' post='469039' date='Apr 21 2009, 09:34 PM']Looking to resolving the hi-fi thing really thanks. (However still looking for around a 30" short scale bass!)

As they're quite bulky/hefty too I don't think postage is an option either.

Cheers
Pete.[/quote]

Ahh no worries Pete, thought i'd ask and see! I have a old P, could chop 4 inches off that if thats any use? :)

Cheers,

Matt

[quote name='noisedude' post='469726' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:35 PM']How far east into East Yorkshire are you?[/quote]

I'm in Hessle, which is 5 miles west of Hull. ( 2 mins from Humber Bridge on the north bank of the Humber.)

Leeds is about 45/50 mins drive away from here - hope this helps?

Cheers.