Why become a member? ×

Tonerider TRP1 (Info)

PaulThePlug

Tonerider TRP1... again!... some info

Picked up (!) a previously fitted Tonerider TRP1 from the bay of dreams for £26 posted.

Arrived in its box with foam and screws, and fitting instructions but has 'TONERIDER TRP1 / 42HFV' engraved in to the fiberboard of the bobbin, where as pics on the internet have a clear 'Tonerider TRP1' sticker on the underneath... 42HFV 42AWG Heavy Formvar wire?

20221021_224805_resized.thumb.jpg.28c79ee934e9ddafae7be8d2d2c81a1b.jpg

Dropped Tonerider an email, with a pic and got the following response

Thanks for your email.

This will be from a batch we produced in late 2021 and you’re correct in assuming we swapped to Heavy Formvar wire for this batch. 

Unfortunately we had some issues with the Stratocaster pickups from that batch so we switched back to our previous magnet wire as we never had any issues with that one.

These ‘HFV’ pickups are something of a limited item now so I’m glad to hear you like the set!

Many thanks,

Glenn Harvey
Operations Manager

So a BIG 👍 to Tonerider...

20221021_224931_resized.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly new stock pickup, now with wire gauge stamped, but old photo used in ad? If the pickup arrived in  a sealed box, the seller probably doesn't know that anything has changed... If you're worried about the pickups you received, perhaps contact the seller and see what trey know?

• Thanks 1

All-Good...

I purchased and fitted the pickup, was previously fitted, so secondhand... the pics in the post above are mine after i recieved it, but markings were also shown in the listings... no issue etc with seller.

In the above post is also the response from Tonerider, so All-Good.

Post was for info incase others have or stumble across engraved bobbins etc.