Why become a member? ×

EMG experts 🙏

Tjhooker

Does anybody know if EMG do a stacked volume / tone that would work with the BQC preamp system? It would replace the regular volume that's in there now, is this possible?

I've put this preamp into my project bass 18v with two P pickups and I love the tones but can't help thinking it would be even better with a tone control 🤔

Thanks

You really want vol and tone to one, stacked pot?

I think BQC is concentric, and BQS is separated, describing the tone controls.

Years ago EMG made a single pot that controlled both bass and treble. You can call this a tilt EQ. If you could have a pot that has three tracks, one would be the vol and two the tilt eq. Pretty custom, probably not impossible.

Edited by itu
traded tric
  • Like 1

If you want to add a passive tone pot, the you just need a 2 x 20k or similar pot. I just don't get what extra does it provide? You setup includes practically all needed tone tweaking possibilities. Try to turn the treble down and use the mids in the high area to mimic passive tone pot.

• Like 1

Yeah your probably right before I rush in with another big change ...  I should also try this bass in a live setting and see how the bqc eq behaves .

I play a passive p bass most of the time so I suppose I'm just used to the pasive tone setup on that and I've gone a bit mental with all the mods on this so probably need to calm down ..

• Like 1