Why become a member? ×

tc bc 212 series bass cabs

metalicman

trying to find out the ohms and power handling of just one of the eminence drivers in the tc bc 212 series cabs, i know the cabs are 250 watts i believe rms but also been told that each driver is 75 watts so how does 2  1x12 drivers  at 75 watts add up to 250 watts. i am looking to change the drivers but need to make sure i get it right. tc have been no help since they sold out. they used to be great and very helpfull. cheers   

Look at any codes / numbers / labels on the magnet and copy all the information into an e-mail to Eminence.

To:-  [email protected] and reference "Technical Support" quoting TC Electronic plus any and all information from the magnet as well as the basic information you already have. They will get back to you in a few days.

Don't be surprised if they say the speaker drivers are an OEM part, but enquire if they can point you to a near match.   

I owned a BC212 and the way the ratings work is that the original drivers are 100watt 16 ohm custom eminence bass drivers. The horn is a very high quality Eminence ASD1001 compression driver rated at 50 watts RMS and is 8 ohms. The cabs have a proper crossover circuit board installed to split frequencies between the bass drivers and the horn. This equates to a rated power handling of 250 watts RMS @ 8 ohms. The original 100 watt 12's are fairly fragile and its not uncommon to see these cabs with burned out voice coils as they often get paired with much higher powered amps.  These cabs will easily handle much more power as they are well ported and can punch way above their weight with the right drivers. I installed a pair of Eminence Beta 12A2 drivers in my cab which gave a rating of 500 watts RMS and the cab handled this amount of power with ease and sounded killer using the original crossover circuit. There are probably a few other options as regards drivers but it will depend a lot on what you intend to use as an amplifier and what sort of power you might be pushing through the cab.  

On 12/10/2022 at 00:52, dangoose said:

I owned a BC212 and the way the ratings work is that the original drivers are 100watt 16 ohm custom eminence bass drivers. The horn is a very high quality Eminence ASD1001 compression driver rated at 50 watts RMS and is 8 ohms. The cabs have a proper crossover circuit board installed to split frequencies between the bass drivers and the horn. This equates to a rated power handling of 250 watts RMS @ 8 ohms. The original 100 watt 12's are fairly fragile and its not uncommon to see these cabs with burned out voice coils as they often get paired with much higher powered amps.  These cabs will easily handle much more power as they are well ported and can punch way above their weight with the right drivers. I installed a pair of Eminence Beta 12A2 drivers in my cab which gave a rating of 500 watts RMS and the cab handled this amount of power with ease and sounded killer using the original crossover circuit. There are probably a few other options as regards drivers but it will depend a lot on what you intend to use as an amplifier and what sort of power you might be pushing through the cab.