Why become a member? ×

Newer than a new thing - hi!

Minininjarob

4 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. 

😀

Can also be more generalised to Gear Acquisition Syndrome ;)... Which I definitely have and is definitely addictive! If I see some kind of musical equipment I don't have... I need it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tim2291 said:

Can also be more generalised to Gear Acquisition Syndrome ;)... Which I definitely have and is definitely addictive! If I see some kind of musical equipment I don't have... I need it!

Yes and sometimes more than one.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tim2291 said:

Very true! I do TRY to keep mine to ‘Guitar’ due to lack of space. To prove that it doesn’t work, I only have three amplifiers, three empty hard cases, four empty gig bags and twelve new sets of strings!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Minininjarob said:

I going to concentrate on learning to play this one first. But I admit that another PB to match in another colour would be nice…… you know like a different outfit. 😂😂😂

Ah but then you'll also need a matching Jazz bass in the same blue ;) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Minininjarob said:

Now that’s smart thinking. 

I can see how this might become a problem. 😂😂

Definitely, because once you have the Fender twins, you'll need to try a 5 string, and maybe a 6... and then a short scale, and then maybe a fretless... and then... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Minininjarob said:

I going to concentrate on learning to play this one first. But I admit that another PB to match in another colour would be nice…… you know like a different outfit. 😂😂😂

My wife says it's like shoes and handbags. She bought my scruffy Aria SB900 for my birthday bless her😍

7 hours ago, Tim2291 said:

Ah but then you'll also need a matching Jazz bass in the same blue ;) 

Now, not that I am encouraging any GAS related purchases to a new forum member (I mean, I would never do something like that...), but oh look, there just happens to be a Jazz in Tidepool blue that came up in the for sale section yesterday....I mean, if you just happened to 'need' a matching jazz bass in the same colour.... jus' sayin'.... :)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tandro said:

Now, not that I am encouraging any GAS related purchases to a new forum member (I mean, I would never do something like that...), but oh look, there just happens to be a Jazz in Tidepool blue that came up in the for sale section yesterday....I mean, if you just happened to 'need' a matching jazz bass in the same colour.... jus' sayin'.... :)

You're not just encouraging a new member... I'm trying to work out how I could convince my wife that I need this as well... I mean this one has a maple fingerboard and mines rosewood, would be rude not to have both right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim2291 said:

You're not just encouraging a new member... I'm trying to work out how I could convince my wife that I need this as well... I mean this one has a maple fingerboard and mines rosewood, would be rude not to have both right?

It’s very nice indeed - if you haven’t seen the colour in person I reckon it’s gorgeous. When I saw one I knew I had to have it. 

• Like 1