Why become a member? ×

Band needed.

Maude

I wasn't sure where to put this as there doesn't seem to be a relevant section. 

I've been asked to find a band for an event. I've put ads in the local area Facebook groups but unfortunately got a few pub bands with not so good singers. I thought I'd put a post on here in case anyone has any suggestions. 

The main problem is it's short notice. November 12th, evening gig, couple of one hour sets to finish by 23:00.

It'll be at the Eden Project in Cornwall. 

It's a private party to celebrate the life of Quo fan, Fred. Fred passed away last year so all the mourning has been done, this is definitely not a wake, if you know what I mean. 

Looking for a professional level Quo style band, either a tribute band or a 60s/70s rock, boogie, heavy blues type of band, Quo, ZZ Top, etc, you know the thing. 

Fred's wife used to organise wedding bands but has lost all of her contacts over the years and has asked me if I could find someone. 

She looking for something a bit more than your average pub band, quality is more important than the cost. 

If you know anybody suitable could you please post on here and I'll PM my contact details. 

Thanks, Allan. 

🙂👍

Ignore this now. 

As happens with these things, you spend days getting nowhere and then just after I posted on the here a band gets suggested. I look them up and they're excellent and available. 

Job done. Thanks for looking. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1