Why become a member? ×

NS Designs CR4M EUB plus extras - *SOLD*
£1250
Sligo

Tradfusion

Selling my Ned Steinberger NS Designs CR4M EUB. This is one of the first runs of these fabulous instruments, I'm not sure of the exact age but I'm guessing close to 20 years old at this stage. I imported the bass from the USA in the mid 2000's... Overall condition is excellent for its age as the bass has seen very little use since I acquired it. There is one small ding on the neck (pictured) which was repaired by the previous owner. It does not affect the playability of the bass. The bass has both the EMG active pickup system plus a piezo system and a blend control if you wish to incorporate both. This was well ahead of its time when these basses were released. The fingerboard is thick ebony with the customary NS dot markers. Currently strung with a set of GHS crossover strings which are hardly used but the original strings (Thomastik Infeld flats) are also included. The tone is rich and punchy and comes very close to an acoustic upright with a bit of patience in your setup, otherwise it can sound like a big fretless or any number of possibilities with its advanced electronics.. My bass comes with the original high quality chrome tripod stand plus the optional chrome end pin stand (no longer supplied with current basses) and all the appropriate accessories. NS padded gig bag and accessories bag are included plus a custom padded flightcase of excellent build quality. This is the ultimate package of extras for the CR4M. It is truly a delightful instrument to play and I am only selling due to lack of use and a persistent shoulder injury which makes playing an upright very painful for me. These basses retail at €4300 these days and that is without all of the listed accessories which would add another €1000 to the price... so grab an absolute bargain while you can!! I am based in Eire but shipping can be arranged due to the padded flightcase so please PM with any questions.  

NS CR4M full.jpg

NS CR4M repair.jpg

NS CR4M tripod.jpg

endpin stand.jpg

cr4m endpin holder.jpg

cr4m block.jpg

NS CR4M Carry Bags.jpg

Flightcase CR4M full.jpg

Flightcase CR4M open.jpg

Flightcase CR4M.jpg

ghs-crossovers.jpg

NS CR4M controls.jpg