Why become a member? ×

Aria bass model?

stu77

Hi All, Been a long time since I last posted but trying to pin down what model bass my new Aria is? Closest I get is the SB 404 but that's a multi laminate through neck and this is a bolt on. I'm sure someone out there will recognise it immediately so any help greatly appreciated. Cheers, Stu

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

There's very little info around about the '00s SB basses. Yours appears to be some sort of halfway thing between an SB303 (which looks to be much the same apart from having big SB-Elite/SB-R type inlays) and an SB40, which has a different bridge & control layout.

_vyr_6004_1.jpgsb40-hd-126468.jpg

The whole range is probably in a catalogue somewhere but I can't find anything later than mid '90s, which is too early for these.

• Thanks 1

Hi, Thanks for the reply and yeah, that's about as far as I've got as well. Same body shape and headstock etc but different spec! I'll get there in the end unless mine is some kind of prototype but I think it's a production model, just not sure what one?!!