Why become a member? ×

Laney Nexus FET 650W bass amplifier head - OFFERS WELCOME - *WITHDRAWN*
£550
Torquay

nosnowking

Laney Nexus FET 650W Bass head. Been gigged about 15-20 times so a few little scuffs but otherwise superb condition... Only about 6 months old. 

Laney don't normally get a look-in regarding bass gear, but this thing is epic. Think ABM600 but on steroids and with more options. Handmade in the UK, it's 27kg of steel, marine ply and transformers! 

Its not a million miles away from their gorgeous all-valve amp, but without the £500 revalve bills! 

I use this with two Barefaced Super Compacts and have yet to play a gig where it needed to go above 4... Including a festival in a field! 

2x12AX7 valve and FET preamp which are independently footswitchable and blendable. Valve preamp section has level and gain controls to dial in some grit. 

Parametric and graphic EQ, again independently footswitchable. 

Presence and deep controls for quick adjustments, as well as subharmonic generator (octaver to you and me!) 

Full complement of pro level connections at the rear. 

I can't say enough good things about the amp, and being handmade in the UK you have Laney customer support right on the doorstep should anything go wrong. The manual comes with a complete parts list and everything is replaceable in case something breaks on the road. 

The only bad thing I will say is that it is large... And weighs 27kg. I'm not as young as I used to be, and with the band now playing 4-5 gigs a week I just can't carry this thing into another bar/pub/farmer's field! So I really need to get something lightweight. 

Any trial welcome, come round and wake the neighbours. Collection only from Torquay I'm afraid due to the weight. When I bought this it came on a pallet! 

PS. Sorry for the slightly dusty photos... Will get a cloth and some polish out! 😂

PXL_20220830_094014015.jpg

PXL_20220830_094020424.jpg

PXL_20220830_094025237.jpg

PXL_20220830_094033237.jpg

PXL_20220830_094048528.jpg

PXL_20220830_094417379.jpg

Edited by nosnowking
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • nosnowking changed the title to Laney Nexus FET 650W bass amplifier head - OFFERS WELCOME

Open to sensible offers! My shoulder is royally f****d so this has to go! 😭

Also, I'll be travelling up to Chichester this Saturday 1st October for a wedding, so if anyone wants to buy it I can drop off somewhere along the way (Surrey, West Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset) or meet you somewhere nearby on Saturday or Sunday morning.

• nosnowking changed the title to WITHDRAWN... Laney Nexus FET 650W bass amplifier head - OFFERS WELCOME