Why become a member? ×

Bacchus WL534 with Neck Issue - *SOLD*
£250
ALTRINCHAM

BassBunny

If you are reading this you know about Bacchus basses, unfortunately this one has a twisted neck. It's a late 2018 model and I bought it two years ago after first lockdown and it sat there un-played in all that time. I didn't think to check it properly as it played great and has that proper Jazz growl. It only came to light when I decided to sell it as I'm moving to medium scale basses. This is one of the Woodline models made by Bacchus in the Philippines I've had two MIJ Bacchus and in my opinion the workmanship is every bit as good as the Japanese models.

I have a deal on the table with Danny at Bass Japan Direct who wants the loaded body for one of his "Funky Junk" projects and he would source a medium scale Bacchus for me and take this in p/ex. That deal is actually worth more to me than the price I have on here but if I can avoid the paperwork etc, required to send to Japan I'd rather sell it cheaper. It does play pretty well but you can't get a really low action on it. I've been directed towards some stunning maple necks that would look awesome on this and for around £80ish. That would be a really cheap Bacchus.

I've had a few questions which I think are worth sharing. I've been asked "could the neck be rescued?". I've had the bass looked at by my go to luthier/ guitar tech and he is if the opinion that it could possibly be straightened by heating and clamping it but no guarantee that it wouldn't twist again. The proper solution would be to remove the neck and rout out for two carbon rods. This would break up the grain and provide additional stability. A costly exercise and wouldn't it look nicer with a bound and blocked maple neck? "Will a standard Fender width neck fit?" I don't have anything to accurately measure the neck pocket but using a steel rule, it appears in the 68-70 mm area. I think a Fender Jazz/P Bass is just short of 69mm so certainly ball park. It does have a curved rout in the neck pocket, which isn't visible as the fingerboard overhangs a little so it appears squared off. "What do the controls do?" It's an active bass and currently it's vol/vol/bass/ treble cut and boost. It's easy to convert to vol/blend.

Any more questions, just ask.

I've also got it f/s in the Accessories & Other........ as I've valued it as a loaded body, but it is a perfectly playable bass and cheap for a Bacchus.

Edited by BassBunny
  • Like 1

• BassBunny changed the title to Bacchus WL534 with Neck Issue

Been asked about trades. As I am switching to medium scale then a trade with a nice light 5 string 32" would interest me or an Ashdown Rootmaster Combo.

Also it has the genuine Bacchus gig bag as suppled from new and I'm happy to post.

Edited by BassBunny

• BassBunny changed the title to Sold Bacchus WL534 Sold