Pick your picking technique!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your picking technique!

• Regular finger style
    • Pick
    • Pick and fingers about equally
    • Both, but mostly fingers
    • Both, but mostly pick
    • Other fingering style or combination of picking techniques (please elaborate)
    • Slap that vote button, Dave! (and follow me for those irky click bait titles)

Thought it would be interesting to get an idea of how common different picking techniques are, hence this poll.

As for myself I prefer using a pick to pluck the strings, and will do so 90% of the time.

And after much experimentation with different picks I more specifically  found that I like the feel/response and tone of the Dunlop USA Nylon .073 with a slightly rounded tip (use fine sand paper to round the tip slightly before use) the best.

I do know how to use my fingers though, and in those rare cases where I don't use a pick I use a combination of different fingering technique, that is: regular 2 and 3 finger plucking technique, classical acoustic guitar style finger picking, double thumb, faux "index finger + thumb pressed together" pick, as well as flamenco style index and middle finger flicking.

But I just happen to much prefer that unique snappy emphasis on the attack you get from using a pick, that can't really be replicated using any finger picking techniques.

Funny enough I much prefer using my fingers on both acoustic and electric guitar.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash