Why become a member? ×

VT BASS PEDAL ADVICE

dave74200

Hi all,

I've never really been an effects type guy but bought a VT Bass pedal and love the sound of it. I'm going through an Orange Terror Bass and often leave it on all the time but am thinking that it's actually detracting from the tone. I have a Barefaced Retro 2x10 coloured cab too so I'm thinking it may all be a bit tooo much. I also use a Boss overdrive for the odd song in an indie covers band and am thinking, when that's on, I've got overdrive from that, and the VT bass pedal, and the amp!

Does this make sense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have a lovely solod sound that's not cutting through the mix!!

Cheers, 

Dave.

12 hours ago, dave74200 said:

love the sound of it.....often leave it on all the time but am thinking that it's actually detracting from the tone.

Dangerous stuff that 'thinking'. Either it's the duck's nuts or it's trashing your sound. Can't be both, you decide. 

I have tried multiple drive distortion on series and found it wasn't too flash unless one was only doing a mild giddyup. But that was my pedals and amps not yours and even if I had the exact same as you we could  have entirely different preferences.