Why become a member? ×

Morningstar ML10X stereo MIDI loop switcher

Quatschmacher

Was waiting for this for ages. Scaled my board down now so it's of little to no use 🤣 

Still looks like it will do everything I've wanted in a small loop switcher! What are your initial impressions of it? 

5 hours ago, Higgie said:

Was waiting for this for ages. Scaled my board down now so it's of little to no use 🤣 

Still looks like it will do everything I've wanted in a small loop switcher! What are your initial impressions of it? 

I love it and does almost everything I need it to, partly because I’ve had quite a few of my suggestions for features and improvements implemented along the way, but also because Morningstar make really good products and listen well to customer feedback.

Essential for engaging and switching the order of non-MIDI pedals (and even the MIDI ones). Being able to split and recombine the signal at any point any number of times is powerful. Solved my problem of not having an octave pedal with its own dry kill switch. So many uses. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This thing is a game-changer for me, and I'm surprised it's gone under the radar a bit. This level of (parallel) routing control with midi and in such a small form factor is amazing. I need a lot of parallel routing with my board setup and I've already got two Zoias that act as midi controllers, so it's perfect for me. It's definitely a challenge getting the cabling tidy under the board without a full set of custom TRS splitter cables, but I'm getting there. 

• 3 months later...

I found one near me for a less than new price, and I think I will try to get it.

Can I use it without a midi controller?

If I connect it via usb to my computer and use the editor will it change the presets on the ml10x in real time ?

Or do I need usb to 5 pin midi ?