Why become a member? ×

New things from Mark Bass?

ossyrocks

On 02/12/2022 at 22:21, Chienmortbb said:

To be fair, Markbass cabs are not in the same class as Vanderkley and although I was not that impressed with the GR cab at the South West Bass Bash, it was better than any Markbass cab I  have heard. 

I've played through Vanderkley cabs and I'd be happy gigging with them again but I think that there's a lot of downplaying of Markbass cabs, perhaps because of the aesthetics. 

I have owned a number of MB cabs and I've liked most of them. I was previously using an Eden 410XLT and preferred the Markbass.  I currently use TKS1126's and whereas the Markbass cabs maybe don't sound as smooth as the full range TKS, they perform well in a band mix.

In the old days Markbass used OEM B&C speakers (very good quality) and moved over to Indonesian stamped construction about the same time that B&C discontinued the chassis that  Markbass's speakers were based on. B&C's recommended replacement for the original driver was also stamped but people perceived this as a drop in quality.

I've owned Italian and Indonesian MB speakers and I'm just as happy with either.

The new stuff looks interesting.

• Like 2