Why become a member? ×

P bass pickguards UK?

Hydra19

• 1 month later...

Did you find something in the end?  I'm deciding on pickguards myself at the moment - would be nice to find something good, although I don't want to get too carried away and start spending $$$.

I have a couple to hand here. The first is "Dark Red Tortoiseshell" from earlpilanz - not sure I love this one - bit too much yellow:

1200.DSCF8662.thumb.JPG.2940fb4c250a2a5ff50d1b2bc4c47f1d.JPG

The second is "Red Tortoise" from Guitar Anatomy:

1200.DSCF8663.thumb.JPG.c9ddfd8f63573d5d2d55576a63395ec7.JPG

The third (not red, but for contrast/comparison) is some brown tort of unknown origin.

1200.DSCF8664.thumb.JPG.16994fe2daf0108ac5c2b1aad6627d39.JPG

Edited by jrixn1
  • Like 1

From the picture I would say the last one is my favourite, the other two are very shiny and overwhelm the bass. Unless this is very good photo editing in that case it may be the different light/focus in the two original pictures

Personally I had to return my PJ for a truss rod problem. So pickguard problem solved. I bought a sunburst one used and with sunburst I am happy with the black stock pickguard.

I also have a sunburst P with a mirror scratchplate that I will definitely replace one day but no rush as I am kind of getting used to it

Edited by Paolo85

I got one from earlpilanz, vintage dark red tort or something like that, it was pretty good in the end. Again, just a little too much yellow but it is around the knobs and not so in your face. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with the pickguard