Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRF700 Owners - A Quick Question

Linus27

I'm considering getting an Ibanez SRF700 fretless and have noticed that the top of the neck has dots and small lines. To those who own or have owned one of these basses, is this bass technically a lined fretless and you play on the lines or is it still an unlined fretless and you play where the dots are?

Many thanks for your help.

10 minutes ago, Moose said:

I have an Ibanez SRF700 fretless (which I am planning to sell). You can think of it as either. The fretboard face is unlined but it has lines with dots between them on the fretboard upper edge.

Ok thank you, so if you were to play the A on the E string (5th fret), do you play on the dot or on the line? Do you have a price in mind for if you sell yours?

Edited by Linus27

15 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Ok thank you, so if you were to play the A on the E string (5th fret), do you play on the dot or on the line? Do you have a price in mind for if you sell yours?

You play on the lines. I will probably ask £500 for the Ibanez. It is a great bass but I do not play in a band that needs it.

• Like 1