Why become a member? ×

Bass Synth Pedals

sagriffiths87

EHX's 9 Series of pedals.

For classic analog synth tones the EHX Synth9.

Somewhat limited tweaking options, but it tracks flawlessly (or that is at least down to the low A, these weren't really made with bass in mind) with practically no detectable latency, and the sounds they are capable of all sound no short of absolutely amazing (way better then the Boss SY-1 in my opinion, which kind of sound like a toy to me in comparison).

As for what I personally use, as of currently, though I do plan to get some dedicated more straight out synth oriented pedals, I use a combination of all analog modulation effects and digitally based reverb and delays to get my synth like sounds, though I do ponder on maybe adding my other TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini pedal, loaded with a slightly custom tweaked version of the Organ Toneprint Template as well for this kind of purpose.

But even if I did get some dedicated somewhat more synth-esque pedals like the Digitech FreqOut, EHX Attack Decay and EHX Superego+ (or maybe rather really just the EHX Freeze), which in fact I do all plan to get at some point in the future, and all 3 of those pedals also actually being rather high up on my musical gear gear acquisition priority list, I would still end up predominantly using a combination of different effect pedals for my synth tones.  

Personally I am just not all that interested in premade standard synth tones and much rather create my own totally unique ones by combining several effects (I could really use a non nonsense classic organ sounding one though for one of my projects, which the EHX B9 Organ Machine would actually be perfect for).

Still the EHX 9 Series of pedals does intrigue me, especially the mellotron, organ and classic analog synth one, but they are just not really on the horizon of my musical gear acquisition priority list, so not likely I'll get any of those in any foreseeable future.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1