Why become a member? ×

Cab problems?

GreeneKing

I was using my Hartke 410TP and the Aguilar GS112NT yesterday and after about 1 1/2 hours practice, while at quite low volume I got a 'parp' sound coming from one of the cabs on low notes (E string). I tried reducing the volume a little, removing some bass from my tone and introducing more compression but it persisted when I dug in a little. I think it was the Aggie but I'm not certain. The amp wasn't clipping at all.

When I drove home I got the VDC and engine warning lights up on the Subaru - the last time this happened it was over £500 to fit a new Lambda sensor! So I wasn't particularly joyful :)

I stopped at the Motorway services to grab a sandwich and the car warning lights reset themselves (I tried this earlier but got no joy).

Today I'm trying the same rig and can't get the cabs to replicate the farting.

So is it too good to be true?

Is the cab likely to have a problem do you think? I've owned the GS112NT from new and only had it a few months. Will it likely return to farting when it's warmed up? Is it likely to be anything I've done? I don't pretend to understand cabs beyond the basics.

Hehe, I was a motor mechanic for 4 yrs when I left school and a 3 litre flat 6 with more electronics than the space shuttle is not something I'd look at. To be honest I can't even get to anything under the bonnet anyway!

Maybe I'll see how it goes at the next practice and try to isolate the fault if it re-occurs to either the Hartke or the Aggie. If it's the Hartke I'm not so worried as it wasn't expensive and maybe a set of new drivers would be in order anyway?