Why become a member? ×

Cort A6

Schnozzalee

[attachment=23706:Picture_023.jpg][attachment=23707:Picture_025.jpg][attachment=23704:Picture_021.jp
g][attachment=23705:Picture_022.jpg]

Hi Basschatters,

Up for sale, with pictures this time, is my Mint A1 Condition Cort A6. I bought this fully setup imported from the USA to Penrith Guitar Fayre for £800. RRP £900.

It has a 5 piece Maple/wenge thru neck body at 34" - This doesn't affect the clarity of the B string and the string tension is nice and high. The bartolini Mk1 pickups act as a ramp so it's a VERY fast player and shouldn't be a problem even for a four string player (like me :rolleyes: ). The bass has custom platinum hipshot hardware (well I haven't seen it anywhere else!) and a fishman preamp to give a love mid range punch. You can play any style you wish on this bass, its very versatile. The strings are the d'addario set, which are lovely and bright. The body is a lovely flamed maple with a rosewood fretboard.

I had been looking for a six string under a grand for ages and tried the ESP, Ibanez SR and BTB, Yamaha TRB - this one won out, and its the only thru neck. Its a lot like a Tobias, but if you need reviews harmony central has loads. As for youtube the videos of this model have a pretty bad sound quality, and the one that does have a good sound - the guys using distortion :) . Gimme a shout if you have any questions.

Price drop to £375 with Gig Bag and P&P included

Reason for Selling: Can't afford to keep it at current.

Edited by Schnozzalee

• 8 months later...

Finally! A video that makes me wanna keep it and shows me what I could sound like if I put in the time and effort. Please note that its the passive tone on the video!! Enjoy...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvau-HFJ_j8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvau-HFJ_j8...feature=related[/url]

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='711432' date='Jan 13 2010, 03:43 PM']Cheers cm261, Cort make fantastic basses. This is my second, the first was a Cort A4 that I got made fretless. So good had to get another! They have a masterpiece series above this that had fancy wood tops which looked about over a grands worth of wood for £800![/quote]

I'd like to try a six. Trouble is I need to sell my Sandberg fretless 4 to fund the purchase. Do you fancy a trade ?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70411"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70411[/url]

[quote name='wildman' post='712630' date='Jan 14 2010, 02:57 PM']I'd like to try a six. Trouble is I need to sell my Sandberg fretless 4 to fund the purchase. Do you fancy a trade ?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70411"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70411[/url][/quote]

That bass looks wicked, can tell what it would sound like before I've even played it. I've been very impressed with the Sandbergs I've played, another value for money bass. Unfortunately I can only transport one bass and one guitar at the moment - which is why the Corts up for sale. I'd expect your sandberg to go pretty soon though, I've had a lot of offers from people just browsing google. Have you tried gumtree in London??

Six string is a joy because theres not detuning/retuning and you have both the low B for funk and metal and the high C for chords and soloing. Like a fretless, great bass to have in the arsenal! I'm just enjoying the hot pickups in my EB3 and the valve amp simulation on my Genz Benz for the mo...

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='720366' date='Jan 21 2010, 06:16 PM']Bump! Still available - interest from outside basschat only. I may keep it instead of saving up for a high end 5 string...[/quote]

Does this REALLY sound like in does in that video? I have loads of 6-strings but none that I can get sounding that velvet.
They all sound flat...this sounds beaut! Please tell me that he's not put loads of effects on and...I might want to take it off u! Although I really should get a fretless...

What's the spacing anyways? 16.5mm - 17.mm?
U said the sound in vid is in passive so is it active / passive?

Thanks.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='722284' date='Jan 23 2010, 04:19 PM']Does this REALLY sound like in does in that video? I have loads of 6-strings but none that I can get sounding that velvet.
They all sound flat...this sounds beaut! Please tell me that he's not put loads of effects on and...I might want to take it off u! Although I really should get a fretless...

What's the spacing anyways? 16.5mm - 17.mm?
U said the sound in vid is in passive so is it active / passive?

Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah it has an incredibly smooth tone, extremely solid woody sound with great sustain. I love the Bartolini sound on anything only thing it can't do is an aggressive vintage growl but the preamp definately pushes it towards Zender's realm. It has a passive/active switch - I just tend to prefer passive basses in general. The chap in the video isn't using effects, first decent sound quality video of an A6. I'd say the spacing is 16.5mm measuring it with my ruler now - its very narrow but still easy to slap. I adapted to it in a week and i'm a four string player with small hands :) .

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='722752' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:37 AM']Yeah it has an incredibly smooth tone, extremely solid woody sound with great sustain. I love the Bartolini sound on anything only thing it can't do is an aggressive vintage growl but the preamp definately pushes it towards Zender's realm. It has a passive/active switch - I just tend to prefer passive basses in general. The chap in the video isn't using effects, first decent sound quality video of an A6. I'd say the spacing is 16.5mm measuring it with my ruler now - its very narrow but still easy to slap. I adapted to it in a week and i'm a four string player with small hands :) .[/quote]

That's cool, I play 6 stringers mostly with spacing between 16.5-17mm...spacing doesnt matter once u get used to it.
That smooth velvet tone is what I go for, even when playing aggressive stuff, I jus like bell like tones.
Lemmie see what my paycheck says this week coming and I'll drop u a PM. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...