Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1 Bass - *SOLD*
£135
Cardiff

Westone Thunder 1 bass for sale in what I think is a fairly typical condition for its age with plenty of small dings on the body, some wear through the finish above and to the rear the pick-up, and a lot of discolouration under the lacquer on the bridge and control knobs.  There’s also some oxidisation on the pickup poles, and one small patch of missing finish on the neck, but it’s not deep and isn’t really noticeable as you play.

Frets are all in good condition and the bass plays well.  Sounds like a P bass, as you’d expect.  Weight is 9 lbs 2 oz according to my luggage scales.  Happy to throw in an old Fender gig bag if you’d like it.

I’ve been in two minds about selling this for a while as it is quite a good instrument, but sadly for me the slightly smaller body than I’m used to means that on a strap the end of the neck (where I spend most of my time 😊) feels just that little too far away for me and so it’s uncomfortable to play for any length of time.

Really wasn’t sure how to price this, but having had a look on eBay a few times over the last year I think £135 is a fair price.  Happy to adjust if you can point me to other sources which suggest different.

Not looking to ship at the moment as I have nothing to pack it in, but if I cave in and relax my one out before one in rule then that may change.  However happy to talk about a local delivery or meet in either Cardiff, near the SA7 area in Swansea, or close to the M4 between the two.

Might be interested in a trade for a sire V7, or Squier/Fender or G&L Jazz with money your way, but nothing with a value about about £500

Any questions please ask.

70EE85F1-5FB4-4DD0-BEAD-E848CB256A32.jpeg

571160D5-F93E-464F-8EB1-956699597CB8.jpeg

ADE3AF1F-7668-46E6-9131-498E4A3CC973.jpeg

622E4CF7-0819-4067-A43C-D7BEDEE5DC6F.jpeg

8D84F412-B92B-4CD2-BE9E-5A17DB5A0942.jpeg

Edited by Gottastopbuyinggear
Predictive text!
  • Like 6